Stay Connected
Don’t forget to connect with friends! With how busy my life
is, it's sometimes difficult to hang out with close ones, but it makes me so much happier when I do. Being a part of a community or group can give you a
sense of belonging and boost your self-esteem. Also, friends and family can
provide support, joy, and long-term memories that enhance overall life
satisfaction. So don’t forget to nurture relationships and maintain them
because it’s a key aspect of our well-being!
Hey Madison!
ReplyDeleteI think your blog post was relatable for a lot of college students like myself. Taking time out of the day can be hard when you have a busy work or school life. Getting connected in your community is a great way to boost one's self esteem. I joined my major's club SWEC, and have made many new friends! Staying connected to your family is also important to maintain those strong connections!
Hi Madison! I think this is something a lot of people take for granted. Having a group that feels like family here at school makes life so much better. Even though I'm an hour away from my family, its not too far but I still make the trip as often as I can because being with them brings me joy. Since I was a transfer here to Slippery Rock I didn't have the same opportunity as some people as in meeting my college friends freshman year in the dorms. I was lucky enough to be part of the mens soccer team here so that was an instant family I was accepted into and it helped me settle in much easier here at Slip.
ReplyDeleteHi Madison! I think this was a great blog post! Staying connected is for sure an important part of mental, physical and of course our social wellness. Students and individuals who stay isolated and do not tend to socialize as often as those who do are more prone for symptoms of anxiety and depression, and besides-no one likes being all by themselves, especially for extended amounts of time! Even just having 1 or 2 close friends can make all the difference in the world, and can open doors for future opportunities to make friends and be better at socializing! Great post!
ReplyDeleteMadison, I definitely agree! It can be really hard to remind myself to reach out to the people I love most when life gets busy, but it always makes me feel better in the long run. When I feel like I want to isolate myself, that's always when I need that connection the most! My friends and family definitely increase my overall life satisfaction. This is a great reminder that wellness is holistic, not just physical!
ReplyDeleteHey Madison! I defenitely think because of our busy schedules in college in can be hard to stay connected with friends and family. Personally it is hard for me to stay connected with family because I live far from home but I do try to talk to them every week. I am with my friends basically every day and it is always something that I fully embrace when I get the chance.
ReplyDelete